Friday, March 9

Thoughts of a Codependent

Characteristics of Codependency

  • Please don’t let anything I say lead to a confrontation. I’ll do anything.
  • I can’t stop focusing on your well being and solving your problems.
  • I feel great when I solve your problems and give you what I think you need.
  • All those funny things that you do you do simply to spite me. To manipulate my feelings and desires.
  • If you’re ok. I’m ok…
  • When I feel good about myself, it is because you like me and approve of me.
  • Every bit of my mind is given to you. I need to protect you and have just a little control over you.
  • Are my values ok? What’s your opinion about my opinion?
  • I see myself years from now, doing what’s best for you.
  • I will be perfectly happy doing what YOU want to do.
  • All my hopes and dreams are not as important as spending time with you.
  • If I give you whatever you want, you’ll let me be happy, right?
  • It’s not important that my friends are less and less these days. At least I still have you.
  • I know what you are thinking and feeling because I know you so well.
  • Rather then pleasing me I would rather please you.


copyright


No comments: