Friday, July 28

Here Am I...There is my Family

It seems like every step I take forward in this self-help journey, the codependents in my life take one step back or settle in and get comfortable.

I belong to an online forum where a joke was published that goes something like this: “What does a Codependent do when it gets stuck in a rut?” The answer with deadly accuracy being... “It moves in the furniture”.

My question is; is it as simple as to say that everyone moves at a different pace, some just aren’t ready? Or is it some what more complex. In my case, I propose the idea that being the youngest by nearly seven years my advice and my modeled actions are simple ignored? Maybe if I was the oldest and others had confidence in me, my example would send a ripple to my friends. If the recovering Codependents success is so obvious, why do they not listen?


copyright


No comments: