Wednesday, July 12

Banned online Gambling

On Tuesday, July 11th, Congress took a huge step towards banning most online gambling. The legislation voted on by the house would prohibit credit card and other payment options over the internet.
ISPs, banks, and credit card companies are the focus of this ban. Congress hopes that this bill will help in controlling payments to offshore websites. The title of the ban is "The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act."

From what I have heard supporters say the ban will help the massive availability of online betting which supports addiction and financial problems.
In my opinion this is a huge step towards recognizing the massive issue of compulsive gambling in America. I understand the fact that Congress’ first priority is not to worry about compulsive gamblers, but I will take what I can get.

copyright


No comments: